Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pashley Britannia and Strawberry Lemonade



A tisket, a tasket, a lemonade-filled basket..


                                                 


IF, IF , IF I was the ecstatic owner of this snazzy beauty with her wicker bonnet, I would go cruisin' with the sun tingling on my shoulders and the wind snarling my hair, and my basket would craddle this for when I sat on my tuffet under a willow tree:





I combine a refreshing drink and light snack in one sturdy, easily toted container with these simple steps:

Fetch a mason jar.  Any size will do.  This is a 40 oz jar for reference.  Because I like a lot of lemonade and strawberries.



Cut a lemon in half and squeeze both into jar:




Fill with water to about an inch or so below the neck and scoop out any drifting seeds.

Next, add one teaspoon of honey and stir well.  Drop in ice, sliced lemon rinds and whole (washed) strawberries: 





The lemon rinds and strawberries will mostly float on the top snuggled in with the ice:






Now, if you are setting sail on your Pashley Britannia (or variation of), simply screw the lid on, wrap in a dishtowel or pretty fabric, slip a straw alongside it and lay it in your wicker basket for your outing.






Of course, if you are not the ecstatic owner of that snazzy scarlet beauty with a bonnet, as I am not (maybe I'll go for the Target prototype), then the back deck shares the same warm sunlight and breezes.  Stick the straw in your drink, plunk down on a wicker chair, throw your arm behind your head and bask.
Don't forget to munch on the strawberries.
Cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment