Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ok, So I Wish I Lived at Downton Abbey



I would be a maid, or a governess, or a gardener, or a tree in the yard...just get me on that estate!

Huge fan of the show.  The landscapes, the rooms, the furnishings, the antiques, the DRESSES, the manners, the simplicity, the duplicity... I could go on and on - kind of like Violet's view of parenting, ha!

This hat was a splurge for me at the Cape several years ago when I was headed to the beach sans visor or sunglasses.  I love the big black bow tie.  The blouse is about a hundred years old from The Limited.  It is tissue thin and billows and flows.  Gorgeous.  The skirt is a cotton gauze maxi from TJMaxx many moons ago.  The shoes are recent and I loved the spunky contrast to the more graceful garments.  I had wanted them in black, but they were sold out, so I tried the white. 






 

 I could not resist adding this dainty floral embroidered vest from Ann Taylor.  The satin waist tie is precious.  I love the overall femininity of the entire outfit including the edgier shoes.  One way to ensure that flounce and femininity is balanced and contemporary in an ensemble is to add an element of sass or modernity.  Now where did I place my parasol? Wink.














Skirt: TJMaxx, Blouse:  The Limited, Vest:  Ann Taylor, Shoes:  Shoemint, Hat:  a vacation splurge







No comments:

Post a Comment