Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Marbled Chocolate and Banana Zucchini Bread






I had a few things that needed to be used pronto before turning bad, so I decided to put them all in one place.  A banana zucchini sour cream bread.  I used 3 cups shredded zucchini, two very ripe bananas and doubled a basic zucchini bread recipe omitting 3/4 of the oil in exchange for a little light sour cream.    I increased the baking powder by 1/4 tsp.  I always dump in tons of cinnamon, and then when I had equally separated the batter, I added 1/3 cup cocoa powder to one batch because that makes everything better.



Plop a few spoons of opposite batter on top of each one and swirl with a knife or other utensil to marble it.



Bake at 350 for about 45 - 50 min.




 Cool then remove.




 Slice and serve warm or cool.




This is a very dense ingredient combination and makes a very moist, thick bread.  I had fun photographing it because it was so easy to prop and pose.  This bread has body.






























And if you are a dunker....








It was great to the last crumb.



No comments:

Post a Comment