Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Playful Perfection

A dreamy combination.  My heart doth swell with an affinity for pink and polka dots (any color).  Ever since I was a little kid, polka dots just wanted to be my best friend.  They would beckon me to their little textile play yard.  Teeny spots, large dots, on cloth, dishes, decorative paper, towels, shoes...you name it.  If its speckled, my knees weaken just a bit as I stagger to greet it.  They are spritzes of endorphins.  They are approachable and unpretentious.  Polka dots are true to themselves as a pattern, and I love the carefree sophistication they exude.  They remind me of bare feet stained with the day's play, a tire swing, a silk sash and a high tea petite-four platter all wrapped in one lovely 'spot.'

Pink offers the same cheerful, calm yet ready for calamity kind of charm.  It holds an air of class and strength without being stuffy.  Especially bubble gum pink.  I don't know whether I want to wear this dress or chew it and swallow it.






 
Dress:  Talbots, Cardigan:  Talbots, Belt: Target, Shoes: BonTon